December 14, 2009

Vowel sounds

Here you have a very useful song to practise vowel sounds, it's called "Apples and Bananas" and although the lyrics are too simple, even childish, pupils love it because the music and the rhythm are really catchy. Taking a look at the lyrics, you can see that it's always the same verse but with words spelt differently according to the vowel sound used in that moment. The song sticks on our pupils' minds and without realizing they are learning some of the most common vowel sounds in English as wells as their usual spellings.


This video with the song is the one I like the most since students can see the lyrics at the same time that they are listening and associating the spelling with the pronunciation.


2 comments:

  1. Great song! I didn´t know it.
    It reminds me the one about Fernando VII I used to sing when I was a child.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete